With the holiday season in full swing this week I'm sure you have begun to think about Christmas shopping or at least Grandma Mildred is asking for the kids Christmas list. With Thanksgiving, just a few days away, you better be prepared to answer that common questions of "what do you want for Christmas"? With all the hype around Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, I wanted to get this guide out to you in time to take advantage of some of the specials. I'm here to lend a helping hand to that someone that has a sportsman on their Christmas list with a few of my favorite items that help keep me on top of my sportsmen game.
1. St. Croix has stepped up the Ice Fishing rod game to a whole new level with their new line of CCI rods (Croix Custom Ice) These are new this year and are selling out fast. With ice fishing just around the corner, there will be a huge hit for any ice angler this Christmas. These are the lightest, most sensitive yet strongest ice rods you will have ever used.
Retail price: $ 129.99-159.99
2. If you know me you know I love my Cabela's/Bass Pro gear no matter if it's for my next outdoor adventure or everyday wear. This RedHead Mens North Port Down Vest has been my go-to for the past couple fall/winter's and I absolutely love it. Warm, comfy and of course stylish as all get out. Unlike many down coats you won't have down constantly coming through this vest and as much as I wear it I have yet to rip it or wear out the zipper. This is well worth every penny and then some in my opinion.
Retail Price: $49.99
3. You only get one set of eyes and if your's are anything like mine you best protect them as much as possible. I depend on my Wiley-X sunglasses every day whether in the field or on the water. These shades have saved my eyes from debris on more than one occasion. A quality pair of polarized sunglasses are a must-have on the water for far to many reasons to list here, but take my word for it Wiley-X will suit you well at an affordable price or a high-end pair of optics. Beside to check out their American made prescription options as well. Retail Price: $150.00
4. Northland Tackle has some of the best fishing tackle on the market. For open water and ice fishing, nothing beats the Northland Tackle Puppet minnow. Hands down one of my favorite jigs to use all year around. Don't just get one, your angler will need to experiment with several color and size combinations.
Retail Price: $4.49
5. Mtn. Ops has some amazing products ranging from outdoor performance supplements to a very popular line of swag. One of my favorite items is the Ignite Apple Cider. I love me some good cider especially over the holiday's it just goes great with everything. Ignite has just enough kick to help keep you focused and alert during all the holiday hustle and bustle without the crash.
Retail Price: $39.95
6. You can't have hot cider without a good thermal mug to keep it in. Grizzly has a new line of Thermoses and camp mugs that are exceptional and will keep your coffee hot and your cocktail cold. I have several of the thermoses and mugs and you can bet you will find one in my truck at all times.
Retail Price: $19.99-24.99
7. Columbia's Harborside Fleece Full Zip is a great multi-season and full use piece of clothing that my entire family wears. These are great for everyday wear or layering up in the fall for some early morning fishing or a long day sitting in a tree-stand. At an affordable price get one for everyone in your family and you soon see them all grabbing this their go to pull over.
Retail Price: $70
8. If you're looking for something unique for that outdoorsy type on your list I have just the item. Habitat 605 has come out with a few new apparel items for that outdoorsy type that has everything. These custom designed tri-blend T-shirts and hoodies for kids and adults are as comfy as they look and with these catchy taglines will be the center of the conversation.
Retail Price: $17.99-$42.99
9. Flannel! Who doesn't like a funnel? Cabela's/Bass Pro shops have an enormous amount of flannel to choose from. If you like the heavy duty to the light flannel to layer they have it all for you. I love my flannels and can wear it everyday everywhere. Especially with my Cabela's puffy vest over it. Looking stay warm and be the best dressed in the room. Wear flannel!
Retail Price: $27
10. A gift list for a sportsman wouldn't be complete without a fishing trip. Get your angler a guided fishing trip for 2people and let the adventure be a memory to last a lifetime. Spend a day on the water with The Walleye Guys on the beautiful Missouri River of Lewis and Clark lake in South Dakota or Lake Francis Case. Not only will you see amazing scenery. The exceptional guides will gladly educate you on all things walleye fishing related while out on the water. Time on the water is priceless and these guys have loads of knowledge they love to share with their customers. For just $350 you get a full 7hr day on the water with all gear, bait and fish cleaning provided. All you need to bring is food and drink for the day. For more details go to https://www.thewalleyeguys.com/rates-packages